FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Broken Record: Boarding Zones - Delta Policy Not to Enforce
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:56 am
Leezell

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MS02113
Quote:Originally Posted by mbwmbw

I propose they put in automated boarding lanes w/ actual gates (much like you see on many metro systems), and if your BP doesn't meet that zone then you are rejected. The social backlash from holding up the line and being an idiot might be enough to fix the boarding zone process.

A similar system controls access to the priority security queue at BRU, but I imagine automated turnstiles would be prohibitively expensive to install at every Delta gate.

That said, whatever became of the self-boarding system that Delta was testing at BOS gate A2 (among other locations)?
The one at the ATL T gate last year delayed boarding significantly in my experience. I liked it, but infrequent travelers took forever to get through it.

I loved the GA in ATL earlier this year who had an excellent solution to the issue. Before boarding started on this flight to LAX, he announced the different zones and when they boarded. He then announced that anyone who tried to board BEFORE their zone was called would not be allowed to board until after ALL other zones has boarded. Smoothest boarding of a 767 I've seen in years....