FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Lifetime Status / Million Miler program - discussion, speculation (consolidated)
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:37 pm
NiceLanding

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lhl12
I have 5MM lifetime miles on AA - just rolled the odometer this month. I also have about 200K lifetime miles on US, so the program merger won't really do anything for me.

For a number of years I qualified for EXP every year (due to business travel), and was CK for a few years as well. My business travel has now tailed off significantly, though I am still running at about 50K/year. For all that, though, my present status is merely the lifetime PLT status that I got when I crossed 2MM lifetime miles.

I too would be ecstatic if they instituted some sort of higher tiers - EXP at 3MM and CK at 4MM sounds great! I am skeptical that they will, though.
Certainly 5MM is impressive by any measure, but I wonder if you have any idea how much of that was BIS miles? I'm just trying to get a feel for how the local MM population compares to my own travels, which until recently were mostly on UA.