FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Lifetime Status / Million Miler program - discussion, speculation (consolidated)
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:38 pm
lhl12

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
Originally Posted by ps9a
I'll feel very lucky if they keep the MM benefits for existing AA MM'ers. I don't think there's much chance they calculate all earned miles on US prior to Dec '11 to combine with the lifetime AA balance. US miles have been far too easy to acquire for too long IMO-- even easier than AA miles.

Under your outlined scenario, I'd cross the 4MM mark without ever flying 50k eqm's in a given year on either airline. I don't think they wanna hand me lifetime EXP or Concierge Key for my loyalty to their respective shopping malls (though I'd be ecstatic if they did).
I have 5MM lifetime miles on AA - just rolled the odometer this month. I also have about 200K lifetime miles on US, so the program merger won't really do anything for me.

For a number of years I qualified for EXP every year (due to business travel), and was CK for a few years as well. My business travel has now tailed off significantly, though I am still running at about 50K/year. For all that, though, my present status is merely the lifetime PLT status that I got when I crossed 2MM lifetime miles.

I too would be ecstatic if they instituted some sort of higher tiers - EXP at 3MM and CK at 4MM sounds great! I am skeptical that they will, though.