FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Lifetime Status / Million Miler program - discussion, speculation (consolidated)
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:37 am
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Art234
My million miler lifetime miles on AA is about 400k, and approximately 550k on US, although i was told in 2003 that my US total was about 700k. Assuming the lower number, I'll hit million mile status in about a years time assuming they merge totals one for one.
When I visited the US CP desk in February, 2006, I was told that I had 802,000 lifetime earned miles. This was prior to the Shares cutover, and supposedly US no longer has the historical information of "all earned miles." I find that hard to believe, but there is a possibility that they can pull up the old information prior to the Shares cutover (March, 2007).

If NuAAdvantage does a one-time adjustment the way UA did, and the adjustment counts all earned miles until December, 2011, with my 57K+ AA lifetime miles I should just eek across the MM line. If they do the adjustment and only count all earned miles until March, 2007, I'll probably fall just short. It just seems to me that if they do no adjustments whatsoever they will really be shortchanging DM members -- some even to the tune of a full lifetime status level.