FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff <> Lufthansa IRREG Interview [question suggestions]
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:39 pm
Yak40

While my experience relates to LX and summer, I think it’s still relevant. As described in post #2, I received an SMS/email that my flight had been cancelled and that I should contact the airline. So I had to search for a phone number first, then wait because “all our agents are still busy”, only to be told that I was rebooked on the next flight leaving four hours later. Why not send out messages with more content like:

Your flight [flight number] is cancelled. You are rebooked on [flight number] leaving at [time]. For further assistance call [local phone number in departure country]. Attached: New boarding pass.

This would save both the airline call center and the passenger a lot of precious time. I’ve received the cancellation email two hours after the flight was cancelled according to Flightstats, so plenty of time to process the rebookings before sending out the messages. My suggestion is probably only suitable for simple point to point journeys, but that’s better than nothing.