FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:51 am
cottonpatch

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brettskyg
I had a 780 fico prior to this mess. Hopefully this doesn't kill my score. I guess I will know in a month when the statements cycle again. I do have cards with amex barclays boa and citi and zero credit debt so this shouldn't impact my credit utilization whatsoever. I am justt concerned about what a forces closure will do?

I admit I spent very little collected sign up bonuses and not much else. However I bought he jpm gift cards 1 time and they never complained. The only spending that might have bugged them was 2 purchases of 1000 apiece. At cvs two weeks apart. It's like being punched in the gut. It's pretty low of them to confiscate points that were earned but even worse to do this without any notice on a day I was traveling united. I just so happened to have a citi credit card on me but had I not I would have been royally screwed on this trip. They should at least give a courtesy phone call or email advising of the situation.
In the MS forum you've talked about doing 10 VR cards per day. Could this be related to your Chase closures?