FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Are things these days OVERALL at UA?
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:13 am
Chevelter

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Okay, a few random thoughts from a 6-year (I think) Global Services member, which I realize will not be representative of other travelers.

Overall I am extremely satisfied and will continue to fly United as long as I am GS. One thing I do not like is the proliferation of regional jets. I hate them. Also, I would like to see less delays but that seems to be getting better and they have been great for me with IRROPS.

Inflight service - just fine. Food is getting worse, though. A week ago on my way back from Germany in GlobalFirst the lamb in particular was horrible. I looked around and nobody in F was touching it.

United Club - I don't drink so the liquor changes don't affect me. Yes, it can be very crowded and I wish they'd work on that.

Customer Service - Superb A++. Quick replies to emails. Phone agents fall all over me with thanks and help, to the point where it gets embarrassing sometimes. If I have just a little question or problem they will call all over the place to other departments if they don't know the answer. I recently said "It's not worth all that bother, really" but they still wouldn't let me go.

GS personnel have met me several times at ORD and taken me out the jetbridge to a waiting Mercedes and driven me across the tarmac to my next flight or to the international F lounge. That I like.

Those yellow wraps they give us for gate checked bags work about 75% of the time. My bag is usually first. Recently in Houston the crowd was waiting just inside the terminal for their bags and a I saw a lone fellow walking down the jet bridge toward the crowd with just one bag to deliver - mine.

IRROPS - as I said, great. I was even impressed by the treatment a Gold member friend of mine got. He was flying MLI>ORD and due to mechanical trouble the flight was delayed 3 hours. When he landed in ORD he already had an email apology offering him $150 certificate or 7,000 miles or something else (I forget). He called me to ask my advice about which to take, and I said take the $150.

MileagePlus changes - don't much affect me so I don't care, really.