FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:13 am
bxs

Originally Posted by scubaccr:21952425
Originally Posted by bxs
Just made a booking using my IHG account but my wife will be checking in instead of me. Does anybody know if this will be allowed? Is there an email address that I can use to notify the hotel prior? Appreciate any advice.
Yes, you have always been able to book rooms for others. Hotel just needs to be sure room is indeed intended for the other person.

Add the wife as named second guest. Wife can check in first (even if you later do not turn up, eg flight delayed )
(Additional Guest Field only shows if you put people=2 on search hen booking, else you just get additional info line/box).

If flex wife will need wife will probably need her cc card to pay for room, on top of usual incidentals deposit hotels always asks (On ADR just the deposit needed )

If wife has lesser status than yourself, technically wife would not be entitled to your bennies. As wife will have same family name, hotel less likely to worry/notice/check that.
thanks scubaccr.