FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:38 pm
YYZMIAZRH

Programs: Aeroplan Basic!, AAdvantage Platinum, Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Understandable ... I flew on one of AA's new 319's in late October just to see, and it was very disappointing indeed. Beautiful new airplane that was unfortunately overstuffed with those horrible plastic-backed Spine Maimer seats. The good news is you now have a nice clear IFE screen in the seat back ... the bad news is you're only sitting about 10 inches away from it. I'm 6'0" and my kneecaps were rubbing the back of the seat ahead of me the entire way from DFW to YYZ. It was horrible.

This, no doubt, is precisely how AC will lay out their new 737s. Hello 28" seat pitch.
as a frequent AA flyer, this is a very, very sad thing to hear - I'm dreading the 319s coming to YYZMIA. I guess the people who design these cabins either don't ever actually fly in them or just like torturing the traveling public. If these "slimline" cabins become the new norm my new motto will be "you're paying for J or I'm not flying..." and I suspect that is what AC/AA wants.