FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:52 am
Plato90s
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dtremit
I don't disagree with your overall point -- but the US execs who went into bankruptcy in 2002 and 2004 are long gone. The executive suite at the new airline is largely populated by folks from HP and folks hired away from other carriers (largely NW).

That said -- you have to admit that aspects of AAdvantage are unusually confusing. The award routing rules (there has to be a published cash fare for the route? Huh?) make my head hurt, and I can't figure out how half of them benefit the airline in any way. I would be shocked if there weren't a push to simplify the more technical aspects of the program.
The award routing rules are something which only a small percentage of users will ever care about and primarily concern international routes.

When considering that AAdvantage remained a money maker for AA even when it was taking losses, I don't see why management would choose to discard the program in favor of DM.