FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 SkyMiles Program Changes
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:13 am
hdtv4me

Originally Posted by Playsmart
I have been on 8 JFK-SEA trips this year and besides being upgraded as a silver 3 times (before I hit gold) not once did medallions not get upgraded at the gate. Would they really let these cabins go out half full?

And for all the people saying they will just fly through other cities in order to try for an upgrade, is this really worth our time?
Same here. And not one of my flights have had business class cabins - they had domestic first class cabins. Which is another thing that pisses me off. I would sort of understand if they said, no free upgrades on TCON metal with BE seating but instead they made it the route. And they are punishing the guys in the very market they have been trying to expand (NYC) so I have to wonder what geniuses came up with this devaluation and whether they were talking at an executive level about the inconsistency of their supposed strategy vs. the execution and how these changes could adversely impact their strategic goals in the NYC market.

In the end, all of these airlines suck a$$. I think the real answer here for me is not to change airlines but to simply spend less on air travel. These .......s keep devaluing their FF programs to "improve" things for us business travelers but I gotta tell ya', the benefits are getting thinner and thinner and sooner or later they will be filled up with discount grandmas and families and looking no different than an SWA flight. At which point I'll become a DM million minute user on Webex.