FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: New American AAdvantage FF Program Features (Discussion)
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:36 am
MAH4546

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by zerodegre
I disagree with you on this. They are only adopting American on board product and name because the name is more iconic and well known. American airlines as been run poorly. The CEO taking over is the US Airways CEO... so why would he not adapt his on policy that worked at US.. American policy sure did not work with Bankruptcy ect. I am a Platinum flyer on US Airways and HATE American Airlines. The tier i exist in is not even apart of American current system . I do about 85k a year.
US Airways has gone bankrupt not once, but twice, and essentially was going to go bankrupt a third time in a few years save for this merger (it still might, but that's for another thread).

The fact that are ignoring is that US Airways has already announced it is adopting the American Airlines product. This is official, and starts April 1st.

US Airways fliers will soon have meals in first class, a real long-haul business product and customer service. It's like going from Kia to Lexus, although that's not exactly a the best comparison, since Kia is known to provide a reliable, quality product. Despite US Airways execs in the two lead rules, make no mistake - American Airlines is the one taking over, and the new airline is largely going to resemble American Airlines and AAdvantage.