FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:42 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jagoffee
I am considering taking advantage of this offer instead of renewing my Admiral club membership. Are there any benefits of the Admiral Club membership that I would be giving up if I buy the Citi Exe card instead. Although I am AA Platium the Admiral Club costs has increased and this looks like a even better deal to me. Am I missing anything?
One question that can be asked now but I'm not sure if it can be answered now:

In there future, there should be lounge reciprocity between American and US Airways (around the same time as earning reciprocity). But will that apply the same to both an Admirals Club membership as having this card???

(Obviously, depending on your flying pattern expectations, that may or may not matter. If you only fly through places that have AA lounges, and not places that have only US lounges, it might not matter to you.)

In the long run, the answer should revert to whatever it is as of today (when for lounge purposes AA is still a separate airline) once the merger is totally completed (when AA will once again be a single airline). But in the interim, there could be some confusion...