FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account audited asking for proof of address
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:26 am
SFOPhD

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by aussielori
I went to book it and the website said to call alaska. I called and got customer service and they said they want a proof of address with drivers licence.
I do not have a current DL
I offered a passport ( which obviously has a date of birth)
they refused
Originally Posted by aussielori
I offered bank statement and pp in my name
nup wouldn't accept that got to a supervisor who said nup.
Originally Posted by missydarlin
They needed an address verification which is why they wanted a DL and not a passport.
Originally Posted by Often1
+1 - At least US passports, don't have an address on them. Simply a place where you can write yours in so that you might get it back if you lose it. The fact that you have a passport doesn't have anything to do with an address.
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Anyway back on topic, I think the gist of the OP's compliant was not the audit itself, but the fact AS refuses to accept a different form of ID and Address Verification other than a Driver's License.
Based on the OP, a different form of address verification was not offered to AS. OP offered a passport and a credit card statement, which, as discussed above, isn't as effective as a utility bill in verifying an address. I'd recommend the OP consider providing that type of ID, and hopefully AS will accept it. I doubt they want only a driver's license and nothing else. Hang up, call again, be reasonable, and one will have more luck than by writing the Washington State Attorney General.