FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa 747-8 J or Austrian 767 J
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:03 am
PJV33

LH 747-8 Biz vs OS 767-300 Biz

I am currently booked in Business class on OS66 767-300 ORD-VIE on 1/5 with a 7 hour layover before heading to FRA using UA Awards. I don't mind the layover as I have enough time to leave the airport if I wanted or just explore VIE and it's amenities and lounge. Time isn't the issues.

I just checked and found I can switch to LH431 on the 748 that gets me in to FRA directly with the "new" biz.

I was really looking forward to the OS biz because of the food/seats/and the coffee! I have only flown LH Biz once and it was the old business on the A346 from ORD-MUC in Sept '13.

I'm only 5'8" so the longer seat on LH isn't an issue for me and the seat is only a 1" wider so no problems there. Both lie flat, with multiple entertainment options.

My main concern is going to be the quality of service and food. I am torn between the two and want to experience the best possible flight. LH is 8.5 hour and OS is 9.5 hour long. Again, the layover and time of arrival are of no issue to me.

Any input from the more experienced flyers here would be greatly appreciated.

I searched a bit and didn't find what I was looking for in terms of comparing the two, so please merge this thread if necessary.

Thanks