FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:30 pm
sbft77

Originally Posted by yakk0
I just tried with a debit gift card at my local CVS. Short answer is YES it works.

I asked my cashier if she was familiar with Serve and if I could load it at the register. She had no idea what Serve was but was willing to try. She just went through the prompts on the screen for loading a prepaid card. I did tell her I was using a debit card with a PIN. Handed her the card to swipe on her register and it just came up on the customer-side pin pad asking for a signature. Loaded $200 from a debit gift card (purchase from Best Buy and PIN enabled). Checked my Serve app when I got to my car and the $200 was there. Shows up as "Purchase" from "Pos CVS PHARMACY INCOMM" in my transactions.

I guess the next question is whether or not CCs work, since I was never asked for a PIN.

This was in SoCal.
Maybe we should be careful about talking too much about what works at CVS...
But I had basically the same experience as you, except I swiped the gift card myself, and it asked me Debit or Credit; I selected debit and entered a PIN (didn't try pressing Credit).
The Serve app (on Android at least) has a funny bug: it shows the transaction as a purchase, rather than a load. But it correctly showed the increased balance, and the website shows it as Cash Reload.

Last edited by sbft77; Dec 5, 2013 at 9:32 pm Reason: typo