FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont best rate guarantee policy?
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:36 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Are you saying that Fairmont properties are above Intercontinental (IHG), St Regis (Starwood), Waldorf-Astoria (Hilton), JW Marriott (Marriott)? They all offer a formal BRG program and while some are much better than others, without the games, etc. Fairmont seems to be sticking its head in the sand on this issue.

Just today I am once again looking at the ACA properties and on fairmont.com I am seeing rates of over 2K MXN when on expedia.mx they are offering 1K MXN (98 USD roughly). Last year, I had to call and call back and it took 24 hours for them to come through with a match - which they did, but still, quite the hassle.

While I will jump thru some hoops to requalify for Platinum again next year, it could be a bit more streamlined.
All of the brands you mention belong to larger hotel chains with a variety of brands which requires the implementation of uniform policies. I guess a better comparison would be to look at the policies implemented by RC, FS, Kimpton, Langham, Pan Pacific, Mandarin Oriental...All Iīm saying is that BRG policies are less common in the high-end / luxury hotel market.

Personally I think Fairmontīs approach to match any publically available rate is quite customer-friendly - no tedious paperwork, not having to deal with outsourced call center agents based in a third-world country, no agents trying to deny as many BRG claims as possible.

But I agree, things could sometimes be a little more efficient than they are right now.