FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort (Master Thread)
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:17 pm
ORD-TGU

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by AgEngineer
I stayed here in the summer when on my honeymoon and it only cost 25k points a night. Is it worth 35k? I'm not sure. The rooms are nice and the hotel location is good, but it isn't amazing. If you only have points with IHG then I guess you have no choice, and if I were in the same position I would book here again, but if you are paying cash then I would look at some of the other resorts across the road such as the Sheraton, Royal Hawaiian or the outrigger. They are right on the beach and had some nice restaurants.

I'm not sure if they are in the same price range as the HI, but if they are close on price then I would book there over the Beachcomber.
Thanks for the response. I do have the IHG points, so can afford it points wise. I would not pay cash for the stay, and if doing so, probably not at this property...but why pay $$ for a stay when I can MS.

I have stayed at the Hilton Waikiki, so understand that this HI is a city hotel, noise, traffic, blocked view, etc, etc. If I had enough HH points, I would stay at Hilton Waikiki, at least I am guaranteed high floor, ocean view with less buildings in front, and EL lounge in basement, but have used them all up in Cabo.

Still debating about the 35K/ night, at 25K I would do it.