FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do BA really care about their customers' feedback?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:03 pm
gallagher

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Do BA really care about their customers' feedback?

I just feel I need to rant

Recently I wrote detailed feedback to BA regarding 2 long haul flights my wife and I took in F. From start to finish the service we both received was absolutely rubbish (although the full english breakfast was lovely - albeit in old F). My wife works in the travel industry and thus she is aware of how difficult it is to get things right all of the time - but from check-in to arrival this was just amateurish. It certainly wasn't worth 210,000 avios and over £1,000 in taxes etc. Even if we had travelled in economy I would have still written to BA

On arrival the flight attendant apologised at how bad everything had been (even though most had been due to her disinterest and rudeness). She even asked if we had been given a feedback form to complete. When I said 'we hadn't' she said 'ok' and that was that

After waiting 5 weeks for a reply I get an email today saying basically 'thank you for bringing this to our attention'. No mention of the fact we were incorrectly charged for a 2-4-1 Amex cancel and open-jaw rebooking. It did appear that my letter had been skim read and a standard response slightly amended.

Obviously I'll now vote with my wallet and take all my business to Virgin and *A out of LHR.

My advice to anyone of thinking of moving from BA to flying TG, SQ, VS etc in their premium cabins is don't!! - because when you do come back to
BA you will realise just how bad they really are