FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada 787-8/-9 Dreamliner Discussion Thread
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:01 am
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkjr
as another notes, unless you have been living under a rock, on average 25% of Canadians are obese [by all means feel free to check to see if i am making this up]...that is right...not overweight, but obese. then factor those that are just overweight and you are talking about half of Canada my friend.

the 77L and the Old 77W were "close" to the line on comfort IMO for a person that was not "average". put an overweight/obese person in those seats, and they are uncomfortable.

it is therefore a perfectly reasonable assumption that the new seats will be worse. and really bad for 50 percent of the population of this country.
However obese people qualify for a free extra seat. Assuming they (1) recognize they are and (2) go through the hoops.

While these seats may be bad for 50%, I suspect most will put up with it if it's cheaper. welcome to today's airline reality.

Real problem has to do with employers who will expect you to travel in these conditions.