FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:13 am
cruisr

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by whimike
That is the risk that LX took in canceling tickets. If they didn't cancel tickets, they would only have had to pay SQ, NH, et al, their % of the YY fare. LX cancelled simply so that they wouldn't have to honor segments on LX metal at this low cost. (I am not aware of any itineraries that had LX code-shares on other carriers metal in F) In fact, on some of the tickets I had on LX stock, they had NH code-shares of LH metal (and thus LH group would have earned full "A" fare for that leg from NH), offsetting any actual loss LX would have had transporting ZRH-YUL. (If we consider it from LH Group overall profits.)

The fact that LX is now on the hook for $15k/ticket is due to their actions of cancellation. Had they not cancelled their actual cost would have been a fraction of what it is now, the YY fare no longer exists and they will have to pay SQ, NH, et al the full price.

It is also worth pointing out that NH, SQ, etc... had no problem accepting the % of YY fare to transport passengers on their flights, even on LX ticket stock. Frankly, I think LX shot itself in the foot.
+1 Karma, it's a beautiful thing.....