FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - just made 1k ,need help
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:11 pm
craz
Suspended

6 award tkts all on the same flight is no easy task. I suggest OP that you also get a CC such as Citi Thank You or USBank Flex where the pts can be used to get a rev tkt. With Flex they give you 2x each month from 1 of these gas,grocery or plane tkts so if you spent 200 on gas, 321 on tkts and 175 on groceries at a reg supermkt, youd earn 200 & 175 x1 and 321 x 2. I only use my Flex for 1 of them and nothing else as I dont see 1x being that bgreat of a return.With Flex if you spend $10k you earn 20k which equals a tkt up to $400 if its $400.40 that needs 30k in pts, so if you can usually get a tkt for < $400 Flex will work. But they usually give you a bonus for getting the card so its way under $10k that yiou need to spend

another good CC is Barclays Arrival where everything is 2% back so when you have enough pts you purchase the tkt and then redeem your pts after the statement closes to pay for it

I also like the Amex SPG CC since theyw ill give you 25 tostart when you meet the Spend and when cashing out to move pts to your Airline every 20k you move earns you an extra 5k so its like 1.25 miles per $1, while Chase UA will be 1 per $1. Chase Sapphire gets you 40k when you meet the min Spend and that can be moved into UA 1:1 The Chase Inks give syou 50K.

again the problem isnt getting the needed miles its getting 6 seats using the miles on the same flight, tahst why I suggested those CCs where you earn pts which gets youa rev tkt.btw its best for husband to fly on the rev tkt since he will earn the most miles back