FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is the movie selection getting worse on BA ?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:18 am
paulwuk

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I'll correct you on these errors as I know from my flights on 744s over the last 6 years that a) Movie library had 4 pages of films, not just 4 more than they presently do. In those 6 years all 744s have always had AVOD. 6 years isn't recent in technology, it's ancient history, it's just that BA haven't figured this out yet.

I'm with the OP on this as I said on a previous thread myself. The standard has gone down. There's too much american 'comedy' on there, and while its all very well having new releases, it would be great to have more of the classic movies.
Yes, and while the movie library had 4 pages, and new releases had 2 pages, that was in the past it no longer is skewed that way. It's now 5 pages of new releases and 1 page of movie library.

The same number of minutes of IFE are available on the 747 now as there were in 2010.

Installing and upgrading equipment in planes is not the same as "lashing up a new hard drive".

Your subjective view is that standards have gone down hill. Many people think the opposite. You would prefer fewer new films, which is fine. Most people wouldn't. I'd never have a chance to watch At Worlds End unless I did it on a plane.

Some people like crap like steptoe and son, or only fools and horses. Fortunately a dying breed. The Big Bang Theory pulled in 3.3 million viewers on E4 alone - which obviously excludes older generations that haven't grasped the idea of having more than 3 channels.

BA are catering to the majority who want to watch something new (and unlike that overhyped 80's junk, something funny)