FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So- where did your money go if not to Lufthansa for flights this year?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:31 am
MumbaiDan

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
After I thoroughly tried and tested BA last year I have this year again been more loyal to LH (480K Hon Miles). Nevertheless I still did not give them all my business , but did so far 5020 Points with Oneworld on BA EC and my target is 6020 TP's, this includes another two trips with them and as they always hand out extra miles in autumn (30K per roundtrip, nice) this year has been very, very rewarding on BA as I left my remaining trips to book after August and before that did most with LH.
Other experiences, money spent elsewhere:
I had a very good F return with AF to South Africa (very classy F product, but the FFP is sooo lousy). Reason for this was that I travelled with my Group CEO and as he is French we had to obviously fly AF....
I did a return in F on CX to HKG which was rather disappointing (the seat is ok, but I would prefer the new LH product any day).
I also tried Etihad to SIN, which was given free to me by Etihad as they wanted me to try their flight ex Dublin (great experience with great seats), but hated the long middle of the night transit in AUH. This is not for my taste. But thanks to my TA for getting me a free trip.
All in all great travel year. But I hope its going to be less next year as my wife starts to be really unhappy with me being on the plane so much.

Last edited by MumbaiDan; Dec 3, 2013 at 2:40 am Reason: added value