FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid SIM - UK/Great Britain/England/Scotland/Wales
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:00 pm
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Actually, the card I have in my Amazon cart is This one. I saw the one you linked to and wasn't so sure if was the right thing since it didn't list France and quoted prices in Euros. Was worried it was some non-UK version of the Toggle. Also, not sure what size SIM it is. But I guess it's probably full size. I need micro. That would be OK I think because I can get it cut down.

I don't think I need to get a USA number before I leave and use it within the USA. I was just hoping maybe I could get it activated for use in the UK before leaving. But I understand if that's not possible on a "foreign" network since I think the Toggle is still essentially a service intended to be based in the UK. just wondering what would happened if I stuck the SIM into my phone and tried to get it activated to the point where I could add money to it. But if you really can't do it on line and have to call, I guess I would be in a catch 22 with no way to call them.
You don't have to do anything for use in the UK provided you get a UK Toggle SIM. Its main number will be a UK number, and it should work as soon as you turn on the phone in the UK.

Provided the $17.99 card has a UK number, it will work for you, with the advantage that it comes with credit. I'm afraid it may have a Netherlands number though. Since the ads don't mention it, I think the $8 one at your link doesn't have any credit, which means you'd have to figure out how to top it up before you could use it.

I called Toggle support with my Google Voice account at US$0.02/min. Their UK number is +44 7438 646 322.