FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Priceline Bidding Primer
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:05 am
allofthelights

With regards to cancellation, I had a relatively hassle free experience after accidentally booking the wrong dates. They seem to have a very streamlined and automated process for dealing with these kinds of situations. You have to explain the situation to customer service (I used online chat), have them cancel the reservation while refunding you everything but the first night, then rebooking to be refunded the remaining amount minus a $25 fee.

Got this clearly automated email after dealing with cs.

Dear priceline Customer,

We understand you inadvertently entered the incorrect information when submitting your recent Hotel request. We cancelled your current Hotel reservation minus a cancellation fee of $95.22, and issued a refund in the amount of $190.44. To obtain an additional refund of your cancellation fee minus a $25.00 change fee, simply follow the steps outlined below:

1. Please submit a new Hotel request with the correct information on our website at http://www.priceline.com. You can either name your own price, or choose an itinerary where the price and the hotel's name are already displayed prior to purchase.

2. Once you have a new, confirmed reservation, please call our automated system at +1 212 444 0022 (when calling from Norway) or 1-800-657-9168 (when calling from the United States or Canada ). When prompted, simply enter the trip / itinerary number associated with your ORIGINAL (now cancelled) reservation (itinerary number 16638441394), followed by the phone # you provided when you submitted your request. Then, just follow the system prompts to provide us with your NEW itinerary number. Once our automated system verifies your new accepted request, it will refund your $95.22 cancellation fee minus a $25.00 change fee. It will also send you an email confirming this refund.

3. Please remember that you must correct the incorrect information you entered on your previous request in order to receive a refund. If your first new request is not accepted, you may continue to resubmit as many times as you would like (following the above criteria) until you get an accepted request.

We are very happy that we are able to offer this cancellation to you; however, under normal circumstances, reservations cannot be changed or cancelled.

Thank you for choosing priceline for your travel needs.

Sincerely,
The priceline.com Customer Service
I'm sure they have ways of dealing with abuse: my situation was an actual mistake.