FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forum Member Affiliate Links Policy Reconsideration?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:00 pm
travelkid
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I think this is the right place so I'll put it up (and I don't think this goes in EMPR either koko) but anyways...

I am fed up with referral links showing up, especially the Canadian Amex ones. I have seen WAY too many posts and threads where every single poster has an affiliate link. That's not the issue though. The issue is that they're posting solely because they want people to get their link, and they can get bonus points. The problem is that first they post because they want views and clicks on their links, which in most cases significantly decreases the content and biases the response. This becomes really obvious when the post content only references the cards they have referral links to...

I don't have any problem with affiliate links. But when they're getting shoved to the point this interferes with the content of the forum it gets quite frustrating, especially in the Aeroplan/AMEX Canada forums. Is there any way to change policy so that referral links are NOT permitted?

Or otherwise I will just put affiliate links like the rest of everyone else, LOL.
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I concur too.

Referral links, blogspam, and kudzu. Pretty much equally prolific and equally valuable.
Spot on. Glasshouse