FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:05 pm
Tailgater

Originally Posted by katstarr
as I posted on my blog, I just was approved for it - I believe with the bonus points - but of course we'll have to wait until I fulfill the spend.

to answer the question "does chase consider this the same or different products" the answer is maybe yes maybe no. they seem to be taking the "different product" stand if you want the benefits of the new offer applied to a former offer. they seem to be taking the "same product" stand if you want to churn or get a second card. But mostly, there is no one hard "stand" by Chase on this = so just try a few times and see where it all lands.
Yeah, I concur. I just telephoned CS and the rep took the same line after I asked if I was "out of luck" in possibly getting the increased bonus to 50K (currently confirmed as the 40K bonus). Rep posited that the 50K bonus was connected to a "different product," and that, "unfortunately," he couldn't match the highter 50K/$125 AF. He even couldn't instantly (request forwarded to mrktg dep't) confirm an extra 5K for adding an authorized user. Kinda weird, isn't it, that it's a "different product" while being called the same thing? Side note: CSR explained that, although not "chip 'n pin" it's a "chip 'n signature" card. Upon further inquiry, I learned that these can be used in Europe kiosks, etc., by simply pressing "cancel" when prompted for a PIN. This is great news as some of those European train ticket lines can be worrisome when trying to catch the very next schedule. Finally, Using a US Chase credit card will work just as well as a typical European one. Why is it that we even ever got to be excluded from European machines while Europeans had superior versability? I guess now I have to be concerned about somebody hacking my back pocket? Geesh.