FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel rooms for family of 4 in Europe
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2013, 6:44 pm
AsiaTraveler

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by horseymen
Thank you for your thoughts. We are still in the planning stages. It's like knowing you're going to an all you can eat buffet and not knowing where or what you want to start with.

AsiaTraveler - so far I've been looking at kayak/orbitz and then to individual websites based on what I see on there. I appreciate the booking tips!
You're welcome. I don't remember if I tried using Kayak, but Orbitz et al definitely did not have a wide selection when I looked there 3-4 years ago, esp. outside city centers.

You mentioned in your original post that you are thinking of using a timeshare/condo for a week at a time? I hear you on the all you can eat buffet part, so I'm wondering if you're talking about using points/weeks/whatever to get a timeshare (or if that was a more general statement about having a home base apartment that you pay for)? If you're trading points/weeks/whatever for an actual timeshare, that is where I'd start- look into the availability, both in terms of locations & timing. If there's one or two places you know you want to go, get those locked in and then fill in the gaps accordingly.