FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:18 pm
slhansen219

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
No matter what, the caller would have to talk to the applicant (your husband) FIRST, to verify his ID and gets his permission to talk you. Until that is done, the caller would NOT talk to you. It really is no need to put yourself in the letter to the EO as whoever calls would most likely still need to talk to your husband FIRST. If anything, it looks ODD to authorize an employee in the letter for reconsideration as being the representative of the applicant asking for credit (and raise suspicion that this is done behind the applicant's own knowledge.) You are making the whole thing much more complicated than it would have been because of your too much eagerness on this. Calm down and not to do things in a haphazard way.

Just coach your husband on what to expect and what to reply - he can say you are the one who handles the accounting and finance matters of the business and he gives you full authority to speak on behalf of the business and him, the owner of said business.

My husband' had some damages on his ear drums from skin dives in his youth days, hence his hearing is not good over the phone. Whenever we need to talk to the banks, we are on speaker phone and I tell the caller why I am on the phone first, then hand the phone to my husband for the other side to verify his ID and get permission to talk to me on his behalf. Always works, with every single bank, on every call for every situation whether we initiate the call or the bank calls him.
OK, I'll try that, but I just put a little sentence at the end "please feel free to contact me or my wife, my name, at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or [email protected], if you have any questions." Not too pushy.

Oh well... if this doesn't work, looks like we're at the end of the road!!!