FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkey for Thanksgiving....with a side of Tajikistan, Serbia, Montenegro, and Moscow
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:15 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Great stuff so far, ironmanjt. I'm suitably impressed by your stamina with the food and booze - your commitment to the champagne is commendable ^

How long do you have in Tajikistan, and will you have the chance to get out of Dushanbe at all? We had an amazing time in Tajikistan last year, but all the most interesting things we did were quite a long way from Dushanbe. Also, we were there in early August, whereas I guess by this time of year there's already plenty of snow in the passes making travel around the place a bit tricky.

Since you obviously love good food, make sure you eat lots of the amazing Tajik bread. Otherwise their food is standard central Asian fare: lots of plov, shashlik, rice etc, but the bread is outstanding.

Originally Posted by mkjr
as much as i like to rip on AC, i love that they choose Drappier as their bubbles. top notch stuff....and cheap too.
Often the only genuinely enjoyable thing on AC's otherwise meh wine list. I must have drunk my bodyweight in that stuff several times over.