FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:33 pm
esw30

Originally Posted by sdsearch
In any case, there's no big advantage to applying for personal and business on the same day. Your pulls won't get merged between a personal app and a business app. So you'll get exactly same number of pulls whether you apply on the same day or 8 days apart or 15 days apart or 30 days apart or whenever.

And despite this one anecdote, given that there's no big advantage to applying on the same day, it still seems safer to wait a while than not.
I would argue it depends on the circumstances - if you're doing an AOR, applying a day later (or a week later, etc) may make it difficult to get approved due to the recent inquiries. If you're not applying for anything else or not much else, then sure, no harm in waiting.

Incidentally, before I applied for both on the same day a few months ago people were making the blanket statement that you can't apply for 2 Citi cards on the same day, and I read through several months worth of this thread and found a few people who had succeeded in getting both approved in the same day, and nobody who reported being declined for two applications on the same day. I've been following the thread since and still have yet to see anyone post that they were declined for this reason, though everyone continues to say that Citi won't allow it. I may have gotten lucky, but if so, it would be beneficial for anyone who has had similar/different experiences to comment so the Wiki can be updated if need be.