FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkey for Thanksgiving....with a side of Tajikistan, Serbia, Montenegro, and Moscow
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:47 am
mkjr

Programs: FT
nice...

it's the blue that causes the fog...or for that matter, bubbles and scotch.

Probably having drank WAY too much champagne in the last 10 years, Veuve is by no means a “expensive” house - this is just my 2 cents. so UA dropping it does not mean they are cheap....[some might disagree]....In fact, just my 2 cents, but you are likely paying a premium for the name versus the product. We did a series of blind tastings over a few weeks of many many different houses. You would be surprised at how pretty much every single person had a favorite and none of them were the same, however, none of them were VC…. ;-) All were house NV (multi vintage) blends….perhaps they might have tried to get a better quality bubbles? Not defending but I would never defend VC at its silly price. My favorite, the Bruno Paillard Premier Brut….i know I know…its more expensive….

Even on LH, I see the wine is so so even for F. About the only carrier I see some really nice stuff is EK in J and EK in F…KE in F seems to have a smoking selection where the gap between the bubbles and wine is not great but seems these days, the bubbles are far better than the red or white choices, although I have seen a very good choice on CX and BA although not all the time….

The best place to be in a quasi still druken state is the LH F lounge...where else can one sample ANY of the top shelf booze they want for free....

I would have had a cold shower, popped two advils on landing, had some greasy fried eggs and then hit the japanese single malts and then on to the scotish ones....