FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Luxury Hotel
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:14 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robyng
OTOH - perhaps FS will do with this property what it did with the old FS Toronto - turn it into condos (just rank speculation on my part). I imagine condos in this area would fetch a mighty pretty penny - especially in London's current real estate market. Robyn
Given that the hotel just had a complete refurbishment and reopened I don't think it will turn into condos anytime soon not to mention planning restrictions which is another topic.

If you are looking for space in London and don't want to spend 800 GBP per night may I suggest the Town Hall Hotel which is only 4 km from the city, next to train and underground as well as bus connections, and has wonderful one bedroom suites with in suite washer, dryer, and dishwasher for quite reasonable weekly rates. The hotel also has a 1* michelin restaurant, an excellent concierge, and a great pool if that is important to you.

There are a number of options in London that don't involve trekking out to Canary Wharf.

Last edited by TRAVELSIG; Nov 27, 2013 at 6:01 am Reason: incorrect details on restaurant rating