FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis - Washington D.C. post renovation 2008 on [Master Thread]
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:40 pm
dina4

Programs: Starwood
Weekend stay at St. Regis

We are frequent visitors to the DC area and usually stay at the W or the Westin Georgetown. This was our first time at this St. Regis. The lobby is gorgeous, and the location is great. We paid for the cheapest room and made our reservation the night before with a pre-paid rate of $250. As plats, we expected a great upgrade since there was so much availaibility online and so we didn't use one of our suite upgrades. Our upgrade was to a "premium deluxe" room. It was really lovely, but we were disappointed with the absense of a bathtub in the bathroom, interior view (looking down was dismal), and minimal closet space. (The toilet also was running, but we never got around to reporting it.)
In retrospect, we should have used a suite upgrade for a bigger, nicer room.
After we received our folio by email, i noticed they also charged us twice for parking ($42 x 2). They remedied the situation when i called but i was quite surprised with the blase attitude of the accounting office -- no apology or anything.
Overall, though, it was a really nice and comfortable stay.