FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:00 pm
robyng
In memoriam

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Robyn - I was only at the FS for brunch which was actually very good but I suppose it is mainly the location I don't like. I've only stayed near Orchard Rd once - at the S-La. Apart from walking to the shops you need to take a taxi everywhere. I'm not sure that there are many restaurants nearby. From the FS you walk through the Hilton to get to Orchard rd.

A lot of dining in Singapore is in hawker centres and there is a very good one just near the RC - Gluttons Bay. Definitely walking distance from there. Another great place to eat in Singapore is the East Coast Seafood Centre but regardless of where you stay you'll have to take a taxi regardless of where you stay.
When you said the River Park I thought you meant the Gardens by the bay - I didn't even know about the new River Psrk and I was there about 5 weeks ago.

The RC is nice and I doubt you'll find many tour groups in the Club Lounge - have a look at the thread on Executive club lounges and you'll see it gets a few votes.
For now - I've made a reservation at the FS and will check back after the New Year - after the hotels have loaded their "specials" for 2014.

I had my first email exchange with the Guest Relations Manager about a few details - and he was back to me quickly (considering the time zone difference) and on top of things. That is always a good sign .

If you get to the new River Park before I do (entirely possible since you seem to travel about 10 times as much as I do) - let me know what you think. Regards, Robyn