FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:47 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
A few meals from the weekend to share, all 738 except the two CR7s LAX - SLC and back. One was new boeing sky, 3 were standard, and 1 (the last ORD - BOS) had really old bins (both height restricted and with the hinges protruding down and taking up huge amounts of the bin space) and the old lavs. I'll try and upload pictures when I get the chance. Apologies for the length of the post. I enjoyed all the meals I had, all better than almost everything I've had on UA (my PS flights have had some decent food but certainly not better than anything here).

AA 25
BOS-LAX (738)
7:40A - 11:10A
First Class
Breakfast

[/URL]

Choice of:

Breakfast Skillet - Cream cheese and chive scrambled eggs with goat cheese sauce, potatoes O'Brien, and grilled asparagus

or

Cereal and Yogurt

Both served with selection of bagel, biscuit, or croissant.

Light Refreshment (offered prior to arrival):

Gourmet Cheese Plate

I had the breakfast skillet and gourmet cheese plate. The breakfast skillet was surprisingly good though the biscuit I got left something to be desired. The cheese plate wasn't that great, the cheese tasted processed though the grapes were good, though the couple of glasses of prosecco I had with it were delicious. Also offered cookies after the cheese plate (they served breakfast immediately, cheese plate about 2/3 through and cooking about 4/5 through).

AA 3203 and 2993 (CR7)
LAX - SLC and SLC - LAX
1:10P - 4:10P and 7:35P - 8:40P
First Class
Snack Tray on both (pretty bleak options and I passed on it both flights)

AA 192
LAX - BOS (738)
9:35P - 5:45A
First Class
Snack

I went straight to sleep (or tried and failed for an hour at which point the FA gave me a couple glasses of wine and that worked). I didn't see the menu as a result but I know from looking at the pre-order that they were serving some sort of salad topped with salmon or a soup. Sounds like the salmon is similar to or the same as what SFO777 mentioned upthread as being offered on a SFO - JFK redeye in J.

AS 25
BOS - SEA (738)
7:40A - 11:10A
Coach
B.O.B

Was originally supposed to be BOS - DFW - SEA (cleared into F with pre-ordered meals on both though I've forgotten what now). Due to the DFW issues it became BOS - SEA direct on AS in Y (only way I could make the same day turn work since my return flights were also changed due to DFW issues). I ate before the flight at the United Club in Terminal C (yogurt and fruit) and declined the B.O.B though I know they were selling some sort of breakfast skillet at the reasonable price of $6

AA 125
SEA - BOS (738)
2:25P - 8:30P
First Class
Snack

My routing for this was supposed to be SEA - DFW - BOS. Again due to DFW issues it was changed this time to SEA - ORD - BOS. This time both cleared but I was unable to pre-order since it was changed about T-12

Choices:
Beef Teriyaki Salad or Chicken Crepes with mashed sweet potatoes. They only had crepes available for anyone that didn't pre-order and a bread offering. They were interesting, a little on the small side (though it was a snack coded flight so makes sense) and the sweet potatoes were pretty good. I went with the cheese bread and it was tasty. Also had cookies on this flight

AA 1296 (738)
ORD - BOS
9:35P - 1:00A
First Class

Not really sure what the service was on this flight. Same FAs as my SEA - BOS all of whom were nice and the one in F recognized me and welcomed me back. As for food, they handed out nuts with the drink service and then had cookies before landing but nothing else AFAIK

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm