FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre-Check for United Airlines Passengers - Questions and Experiences (2013)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:08 am
JacobVB27

Programs: Dulles Airport Traveler's Aid Volunteer, hopefully future United IK member
For the Dulles part,

Unless you traveling with only carry on, you can't go to the main terminal and use the pre-check. Unless you don't mind the huge hassle of them bringing your luggage from the Midfield to the Main Terminal. I don't suggest that even to my worst enemies.

I have not used pre-check yet but I would imagine during the peak hours for Pre-Check would be bad. Think about it, 15-20 International Flights on United, plus the domestic United flights, American and Delta flights, there certainly are a lot of people. I do know that after 8 pm, the airport is a lot quieter so the Pre-check line is shorter(closes at 9 pm or so).

I don't know about during the week but on Saturday and Sundays from 6-9 pm, there are a lot less people leaving the Transfer point at C7 than during the rush hour 2-5 pm. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes before I see someone come up the escalator from FIS. Maybe fly into IAD from 6-9 pm or 10-12 pm on Star Alliance flights to not really deal with the long security lines at FIS.

It is so frustrating that A/B Concourse at IAD is so nice and C/D is awful. You had United spend money for the Regional Area for IAH, still at SFO(not sure if it is Regional area or the D/I area), new hangar at IAD but still nowhere close in deciding to renovate the gates etc at C/D.