FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Richmond TSA screener Michael Luedecke arrested for shooting his father
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:44 pm
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
I too know a fair amount about the Richmond area, the jobs are not as readily available as you might think. As for the reason he was working where he was, there could be a whole slew of reasons - he could be working late night to help out with the family during the day, he could be working in order to get set for college, it could be that he wanted to get a foot in the federal system in order to move up in the future - we can only speculate. As for the record in HS, if I am not mistaken there are rules regarding Honor Roll and disciplinary records - I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall one of the first articles mentioning the Mother defending him indicated he was an Honor Roll student.

As far as the guy (or the Dad for that matter, remember, we only have the ones living to tell this story) being a hair trigger, that is not necessarily indicated in a domestic case that ends in this result. Many times a domestic that ends in a tragedy with this type of described story line will actually indicate that the person that pulled the trigger was actually someone with a very long fuse (or the anithesis of the description "hair trigger"). Someone that had endured abuse over an extended period of time without intervention or help - again, that is all supposition and reading tea leaves on my part, but I have seen similar situations previously that lead to those generalizations. I could be completely wrong, and this was a plan cooked up by the surviving family members in order to just plain old end this guy - we will have to wait until the case comes up, or some more information is released in order to find more of the actual truth.
Henrico County: 5.4% unemployment in Aug 2013, down .03% from a year ago. If he had a car to get to the airport, he can drive anywhere in the county to work.

Where did you get your psychology degree, owing that you know so much about dysfunctional families?