FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zambia/Malawi safari vendor recommendations?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:32 pm
wcrhkd

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
So sorry about the delay in responding.

We stayed at Flatdogs for 6 nights, and we would have easily spent another 6 if we'd have had the time. If you wanted to change camps, I don't see where there would be any difficulty, they're rather close (although you may see the vehicles, you really don't see the camps except for Mfuwe Lodge just inside the main gate. Incidentally, the Bushcamp Company (Mfuwe Lodge) is owned by Paul Allen, the Microsoft co-founder.

Back to our trip......we'd spent the two weeks prior to Zambia in as many different camps in South Africa. I certainly wasn't tired of safari-ing, but eventually, the pen does run out of ink, if you know what I mean. We flew from Mfuwe on Pro-Flight Zambia to Lusaka and on to Victoria Falls for the final 3 days of our vacation. On intention was to unwind and sleep before the long way home, but instead our days were filled with the Falls, a cruise down the Zambezi, the markets, and exploring the area. It was a great stop and the perfect ending to our month in Africa. We stayed at Bushbuck River House, a fabulous recommendation from my BFF, Jess at Flatdogs.

And by all means, check out "Pack for a Purpose". All you do is fill in the name of the lodge where you're staying and it will tell you specific needs in the area. It's terribly easy to throw a pack of pencils into your suitcase or whatever is needed and it's delivered. Also take a look at Project Luangwa, the local charity established by the lodges to benefit the community. Terrific organization.

If I can answer any other questions, ask away!