FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - damage to Rimowa luggage
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:02 am
Swissaire

So very glad to hear that your experience with BA turned out well for you.

Judging by the posts on FT this year, the Rimowa Limbo line seems a popular purchase choice for many of the FT members from North America. Some wrote that they made Limbo purchases online from German vendors, or that they bought a Limbo case whilst visiting Germany.

Personally, I found the Limbo to be a good looking model but heavy, so I have never owned one. I tend to use my own bags from other Rimowa accessory stock ( garment back, suit carrier, shirt bags ) so I would have no use for the Limbo bags that come with the model.

Like Edoa above, I have experienced no problems with our Rimowa Topas, Porsche, or Salsa cases. We are travelling now in California, and will head to Brasil shortly before returning back home. Aside from one rubber mark on one of our checked cases, there were no problems flying into LAX.

It is up to you of course, but a constant misalignment of a new 29 Limbo case might indicated it is time to speak to Rimowa about a replacement or possible a trade to another model.