FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning US Miles on Partner Airlines
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:29 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Grunion
Sorry if this sounds like an uninformed question (i did check the wiki first and couldn't find an answer), but I am trying to book holiday travel and want to ensure I am getting 100% mileage if at all possible. AC has changed their mileage earning fare buckets significantly, and many more AC fares now seem to earn only 50%.

I can book flights for around $250 each way on AC and get 50% DM miles (AC "T" fare class) or book on UA (codeshare, same flights on AC metal) for about $325 which are UA "T" fare bucket, which should accrue at 100% according to DM chart. Note to get 100% miles on AC I would have to spend $800 each way, so pricing difference is significant.

So UA T class code share will earn 100% DM's......or won't they ?

Thanks for the guidance.
Grunion
US gives miles according to operating carrier, which in this case is AC. It doesn't matter who you book the travel through, you'll get the same miles regardless.

I believe this is listed in the link provided in the Wiki at the top of this thread (which I merged your thread into).