FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching seats in FC
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:11 pm
Plato1

Programs: AA EXP
I never really thought about it even though I have a routine and a seat I prefer.
I was asked to switch on a midnite flight that is 3 hrs long so a wife and husband could sit together.
I prefer the bulkhead and was asked to switch to the seat behind. Fine, but I said I need to do this quickly as I like to be asleep before the door closes( I get claustrophobic when i hear the door close and have brought the aircraft back to the jetway in the past)
She responds " well I guess you Will have to be quick as its quite busy"
Of course that set my anxiety higher. When I go to put my bag under the seat in front of me her husbands shoes are there.
I would have never gotten the FA involved but now I was beyond anxious . He happily asked the man to move his shoes.
I was trying to calm down but just thinking about this was ridiculous.
Why do you need to sit next to your husband on a short flight that you are going to sleep on????

I have never asked even with my anxiety , we book our seats together .
If we can't sit together we can't sit together.

I got to sit next to a hall of famer that I did not recognize ( until the FA told me who he was) and was quite uppity. I said one sentence and got a grunt from him.
What a lovely flight.

After this I will say no.
The woman had such a tone I should have said I changed my mind, but I thought that might give me bad mojo.

Just writing this brought back all the anxiety that night.

Last edited by Plato1; Nov 22, 2013 at 9:56 pm