FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel cooking kit & spice containers
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:46 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thanks for the bead kit recommendation, however they seem to be sold out of that style and just have the fishing tackle type. I've mostly been searching online which may explain why I haven't been able to find smaller spice jars.

Also thanks for the reminder! I've been using the 1oz mini honey jars in my camper but a dozen of them are quite heavy. I might just transfer the stinkier spices into the glass jars and leave the non smelly stuff in the plastic baggies in the tea tin (tarragon, sage etc) and see how that goes

Originally Posted by jerry305
That must add some weight.
Yup, but only for very-extended trips or cooking centric trips. For example renting a place for a few weeks after a cooking class only to find a selection of peeling non-stick pans in the kitchen. I like to cook (and eat) so it's a bit of a torture to be able to browse local farmer's markets at my destination and then be unable to actually buy anything other than cookies and fruits. Early on I used to just buy my pots and cooking utensils at my destination as needed (Le Creuset in France, Zwilling-Henckles knives in Germany etc), use them and then bring them home as practical souvenirs. I pretty much have all the equipment I actually want and use now at home so buying at my destination is not in the cards. I don't exactly carry a skillet in my tote bag ready to whip out at a moment's notice.

Last edited by tcl; Nov 21, 2013 at 2:47 pm Reason: Wrong emoticon