FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TLV Passport Control: New Biometric Screening Kiosks
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:52 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
Ok, silly question.

I renewed my and the rugrats' Israeli passports at the consulate last summer, and they have the little RFID symbol on the front, and our photos popped up on those entry cards last time we were there. My husband still has the old-style passport, and no photo popped into his entry card.
No idea why, considering I had my picture pop up and I only had a Teudat Maavar that was definitely not biometric

So are the passports the kids and I have the biometric ones, meaning we are eligible for this program? My husband may have to renew his and would end up getting the new one, too. (When I did the kids' and mine, they didn't ask. Thy just did the RFID ones automatically.) I have to check if his is expiring before our next trip over.
Very strange that they didn't ask. I presume you didn't bring passport pictures - but does the consulate have cameras to take biometric pictures?

Assuming they are the new ones (which it sounds like they are based on the icon) then yes, you can use the kiosks in the airport with no need to sign up for any special program (like in the UK, and unlike the previous system in Israel in which you needed to register in the airport, or the USA where you need to apply, pay, and interview for Global Entry)