FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:42 am
ExpatExp

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ellinj
I'd love to see PVD to ORD service as well.
Yes, it would be nice if this came back. I used to fly AA from PVD-ORD-LAX back when I needed the cheapest possible fare

Originally Posted by rltycheck
…for us PHX flyers, we do get a nice option set with the addition of BA. Our routing to BRU is much better via LHR than it was via PHL. Southern Europe opens up with the addition of IB, and the thought of never connecting via FRA puts a HUGE smile on my face (although I may learn to dread MAD and LHR equally).
I've connected at FRA twice recently (Terminal 2 D and E, I think) from BA to EY and return, and found it to be one of the simplest, easiest, quickest and most pleasant connection experiences I have ever had. The terminal did seem quite new, however -- maybe the LH areas are older or more crowded?

People tend to have mixed experiences at LHR; some (like me) find it great, but others don't enjoy it at all. And as for MAD, well, you probably won't dread MAD, but you may well dread IB!

Originally Posted by twa777
I suppose I'm mostly wondering about lounge access. It looks like BA has a departure lounge that should be available once US is in OW, but I'll seriously miss having access to an arrivals lounge. Being able to get a shower after an overnight flight is a pretty important benefit for me.
As I think someone mentioned earlier, you won't be missing an arrivals lounge, as they exist at T5 for BA passengers and at T3 for AA (and some other OW) passengers. Additionally, EXPs in any cabin on AA or BA can access the arrivals lounge in the terminal where they arrive after a TATL ^

Originally Posted by ty97
The AA/BA TATL JV does just that out of NYC, BOS, and ORD. From ORD, it's AA that operates the day flight (AA90). From JFK, both AA (AA142) and BA run day flights (though I think I read that the AA day flight will cease for a while during airplane interior retrofits). From BOS, BA is running the day flight.
BA runs all of the OW flights to the UK out of BOS now. AA only runs TATLs in the summer, and not to the UK.

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I wish the new AA would pick up a direct Scandinavia - US route… I would love if OW would give me a single connection option now that US is out of Star.
Did AA stop the HEL flight? I admit I'm not up to date as I rarely go northeast of the North Sea

Originally Posted by steves
I have USAirways lifetime club membership - I am hoping this transfers.
IIRC TW's lifetime club members did not receive lifetime membership in the AC. However, TW did not merge with AA. Hopefully, as US and AA are merging, the outcome will be more positive for those in your position.