FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:57 pm
phlwookie

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by perseus11
If this person knows what he's talking about (I have very little confidence in most "seeking alpha" articles), or has inside information, the new AA seems to be planning to de-hub PHL.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1851...e?source=yahoo
"US Airways is also planning to introduce new routes between Charlotte Douglas airport and China."
Confused - the article doesn't mention PHL and the additional flights out of CLT were announced as seasonal additions to the PHL flights. They haven't said anything about China from CLT, and I would think a CLT/PHL-NRT (JL hub) is more likely since AA already serves China from ORD and that's a more logical mid-continent connecting point for East Asia.

The article appears all over the place though, going off and talking about the 737 for a while, while US has none on order (AA does, but primarily as MD80 replacements). Then in the conclusion it recenters on the small number of additional CLT TATL flights as key to a higher stock price ... while the success of the flights can't hurt revenue, it's not likely to be very material to the bottom line.

I don't know, it doesn't look like a very useful article.