FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Status to Enroll HKG e-channel
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:51 am
USHPNWDLUA

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
UA Status to Enroll HKG e-channel

Hi All,

There is a lot of conflicting, out-dated, and unclear info about enrolling in the HKG e-channel scheme now that the HKIA Frequent Traveler Card is no longer being offered.

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to use UA FF Status to enroll in the e-channel program? Please no "if you visit x times..." and other answers. I'd really appreciate hearing from someone who has actually used UA FF Status to do this. There have been a few threads here and here and articles on this, but some are old or have no clear answer to this specific question.

I contacted 1K Voice, and got this reply:
Thank you for contacting United Customer Care. We appreciate your inquiry. As of this time, United has no relationship or affiliation with the e-channel Program. You are a valued Premier 1K and we thank you for your business and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you on a future United flight.
Since there are sources indicating that UA status might be used and I've never known 1K to send incorrect information, thought I'd ask here.

My old HKIAFV card expired. I've only gone once this year, and with a trip in December....want to get "activated."

Thanks in advance to all,