FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket purchase in a future name
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:17 am
BoeingBoy

Programs: None
Since you're already married (though recently) it would seem to me that the simplest thing to do is change your passport. FWIW, you can get expedited handling by getting the forms, filling them out, having whatever documentation is needed (including appropriately sized photos) and stopping by your congressperson's office. Explain the situation (with a small white lie that you need the new passport quickly because the trip isn't far in the future) and they'll expedite it and it will be FedExed back to you.

I used that procedure for every passport renewal but one since crewmembers were required to have a valid passport since we could be rerouted even when not scheduled to fly internationally. For a normal renewal it usually only took a week so I'd just plan my schedule around the renewal.

Alternately, you could go to a passport office - most large cities have one. Again take the passport form and documentation and you can usually get same day service - I did that once and the normal renewal took about an hour so just eat lunch, shop, or whatever to kill time. I grabbed lunch and the new passport was ready when I got back to the passport office. I'd call ahead to make a morning appointment since a mid to late afternoon visit might not get you the new passport till the next day. As I recall, they won't mail the new passport - it has to be picked up in person.

Jim