FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zambia/Malawi safari vendor recommendations?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:50 am
VLtone

Zambia/Malawi safari vendor recommendations?

My fiance and I are really starting to learn toward Zambia and Malawi for our honeymoon during either June, July or August of 2014. I like the idea because I have already been to SA, Zim, Kenya and Tanzania when I was much younger and haven't been to Zam or Malawi. Also, based on the research I've done it looks like you can see many of the same animals in Zam and Malawi as the other countries I've visited, and they appear to have a "rustic Africa" quality with less people which we really like.

In addition, it looks as though the price of the safari is typically a little bit cheaper than South Africa and Botswana and potentially a bit safer than Zimbabwe.

I've looked at a few vendors thus far, including Robin Pope who seems to run a great safari (that company was recommended to me by someone else who had used them previously), however, I've also found other vendors which seem to be less expensive.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for vendors in these areas? Or can anyone give me some insight on "must do's" or "overrateds"? It seems that South Luangwa is very popular as is Majete and then ultimately Lake Malawi for some relaxation (although we're also thinking that if it isn't that difficult to do, we might consider just flying out to Zanzibar instead of Lake Malawi).

I'm interested in booking something relatively soon as my frequent flyer miles may be compromised relatively soon with an airline merger. Any thoughts/ideas/tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm very open minded about it.